Marion Made Jewellery is designed to to be worn and treasured. It does need to be looked after and loves a bit of TLC. To keep your jewellery looking its best here are a few simple care tips:
- A silver-dip solution is the best way to clean both your silver and vermeil jewellery. Dip your jewellery in the solution for a couple of seconds only and then rinse thoroughly in warm water. For more stubborn dirt use tan old toothbrush to gently rub away and then rinse well.
- If you do not have silver dip you can also use my preferred cleaning method of placing a piece of aluminium foil in a bowl, sprinkling a teaspoon of Bicarbonate of soda, place your jewellery on top and then carefully pour over boiling water. Finish by rinsing well in lukewarm water.
- A silver polishing cloth can also be used to gently buff your items to a high finish.
- Silver dip solution will damage soft stones such as pearls so give them a rub with a soft cloth or use a specialist pearl cleaner.
- Scents, lotions and potions can all react with silver causing it to tarnish, cause the vermeil to erode and damage stones, especially pearls. We recommend applying your products first & allowing a few minutes for them to be absorbed.
- Avoid spraying perfume or hairspray directly onto your jewellery as this can damage it.
- Jewellery should be removed when doing physical work,playing sports etc.
- Hot weather and sweat can speed up the tarnishing process.
- At night store your pieces in a cool dry place such as their box or a jewellery box.